Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to access a variable in Verilog code from Pyt

From: Bill Stevenson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to access a variable in Verilog code from Python or C++
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 20:25:46 -0800 (PST)

From: Eric Blossom <address@hidden>
To: Bill Stevenson <address@hidden>
Cc: George P Nychis <address@hidden>; address@hidden
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 10:04:55 PM

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 06:54:40PM -0800, Bill Stevenson wrote:

> Thank you, George. My plan is very simple, just to read the rssi
> value whenever the receiver gets a valid packet, that's why i want
> to read and store that value. If i cannot access that variable, how
> can i read the rssi value?

Bill,

By the time you read the RSSI, the reading will be pretty much
meaningless, since your read will take place long after the packet
data was received.  That's why George was/is passing the RSSI in the
packet header in the inband code.

Eric

Thank you for your help, Eric. From what you told me above, I reached two conclusions: 1, reading RSSI will never happen on time, it is useless.2, the only way out is to use the inband code, am I right?

So, could you tell me whether the inband code is reliable, if it is, I will use that code immediately! Thank you!

Bill