[Discuss-gnuradio] firmware update of usrp2, wiki- update?

From: Mattias Kjellsson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] firmware update of usrp2, wiki- update?
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 11:00:56 +0100

Hi list,

I finally got my hands on an sd-card reader/writer, and as I have been trying to get a hold of one for some time I was eager to update my firmware I jumped straight at the FAQ. Where I was discouraged by the fact that I have no idea about what device I'm using. Anyway, an answer is almost always a google away, so I found this link http://vic.gedris.org/linux-UsbMassStorage/ which tells you to do the following steps to determine which device you would like to flash.

1. Install sg3-utils package
$sudo apt-get update
$sudo apt-get install sg3-utils

2. List the raw scsi- devices on your system
$sg_scan -i

3. Have a look at the list printed out, and determine which SCSI- device is most likely your USB- card reader/writer.

4. Run sg_map to see what SCSI- device is associated with the USB sdcard r/w- device.
$sg_map

Thought this might be something for the wiki- page... Instead of having just a warning, there could be a warning and a solution =;o]. But since I

Cheers!
Mattias Kjellsson