Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sigh

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sigh
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 14:59:59 -0700

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Andrew Harris <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I'm curious about this -- this doesn't imply that you can't use the
> beagleboard with the USRP, right?  Only that you can't use the onboard
> beagleboard DSP to essentially replace the USRP.  Correct me if I'm
> wrong.

I think you are getting confused :)

Basically, you can (almost) use the Beagle Board to talk to the USRP
via USB. (There is some niggling MUSB driver issues and some libusb
headaches) (Also next year, it will get easier to attach a USRP via
the EHCI interface, rather than the MUSB based OTG port)

GNU Radio basically runs, lots of blocks need NEON support for GNU
radio to work well. GCC (currently) does a very poor job vectorizing
code for the NEON instructions.

GNU Radio currently has no support for handing data to the DSP and
doing processing on the DSP. This is the interesting part and why we
need reliable access to the TI DSP tools.

Philip