Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Where to start Beginners question

From: Karthik Vijayraghavan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Where to start Beginners question
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:52:03 -0800

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Anand Gudimanchi
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Experts,
>
> I am a beginner just to seek answers more from basics. Worse i am new to
> Python and RF. So please can someone help me where to look for the signals
> coming and out and where to look for documentation of available
> functionality and how to hook things to get my BER testing and to plot graph
> power to BER (simulating VSA) using USRP.
>
> Well i read that we need to write blocks in C++ and use existing classes to
> take input. I am finding difficulty to get a document which explains the
> flow and how to do it.
>
> GNU: 3.1.3
> OS: Ubuntu
> For BER: TDMA qpsk, using Dm-2 signals which are pseudo random as input.
> Need to plot graph BER vs Time, BER Rxpower.
>
> Greatly appreciate all your help.
>

> Regards
> -- Anand

All links from the "Documentation" section of the homepage
1. How to write python applications - http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/Tutorials
2. Available modules from Doxygen generated API -
http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/modules.html
3. Reading and writing files - http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/Octave
You can use the same files and modify a little bit to use with matlab
as well

Karthik