Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmitting data from file using benchmark_tx.py

From: Francesco B.
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmitting data from file using benchmark_tx.py, recieving to file with benchmark_rx?
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 09:37:52 -0800 (PST)

Perhaps explaining progress thus far would be in order. Currently I'm using
tunnel.py to establish an IP connection between two computers (as it was
intended for), and manipulating said connection by using a unix pipeline and
the scp command in two locations. This works, but doesn't seem the most
efficient method, and also isn't manipulating things on the level of
gnuradio. What I need is a way to establish a gnuradio pipeline that does
that one specific task, rather than manipulating TCP/IP only. I know I can
start with a file source, and then use dbpsk_mod() to modulate the contents
of that file source. And I think sending across the USRP involves importing
benchmark_tx and using the function send_pkt(), specifying the location of
the desired file to transmit as "payload". Connecting benchmark_rx to a file
sink is a much more confusing matter for me, however, since there is no
intuitive "receive_pkt()" function, or place to specify what directory/file
to write all received packets to.

Are there any modules I should be looking into on a lower level than
benchmark_*? Or am I missing something here?

~ Francesco