Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] testing outside building with our USRPs

From: Blair Strang
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] testing outside building with our USRPs
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 20:31:30 +1300

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Bill Stevenson
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello, all!
> But how can we get power for USRPs when we are testing outside? Could
> anybody tell me a decent way to power USRPs up without connecting the power
> cable to the extension board inside the building? What kind of batterypack
> can we use for the USRPs if battery is doable? Thanks a lot!

a) Use sealed 6v batteries.  Get a charger when you buy the batteries.
 Check the mAh rating to make sure you'll get the runtime you need.
Try to avoid using them in parallel unless you have to.

b) Use car batteries plus inverters (or even cars, inverters and a
couple long extension cables).  Heavy, expensive, inefficient, but you
might have the kit already.

Regards,

    Blair.