Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New svn version

From: Paolo Di Monte
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New svn version
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 10:40:02 +0100

2008/12/2 Paolo Di Monte <address@hidden>

On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 17:55 -0500, Catalin LACATUS wrote:

> I tried to recompile the new svn (updated 2days ago) version and I got
> the following errors. I never see this error with previous version
> (about 2weeks old). Please let me know how can I solve this problem.

> gpio_swig.cc:3594:63: error: gnuradio_swig_bug_workaround.h: No such
> file or directory

Apparently, the compiler cannot find the header files at compile time.

While it's not clear in this specific case, often times the build system
will get confused when an already built tree is then updated from svn.

Please go to the top level of your source tree and run:

$ make distclean

Then you will need to go through bootstrap, configure, etc. again.

If the problem persists, check out a fresh version of the trunk into a
new directory and try it from there.

Finally, if you're still stuck, let us know here.  The latest trunk is
definitely working, as I compile it frequently on a number of different
machines/OS combinations.

-Johnathan

Sorry, but I'm new to the project (so I don't know if it could work 2 weeks ago) and having the same problem Catalin has.
My distribution is Gentoo Linux.
I tried both to follow the instructions on your wiki or to use the specific ebuild you can find in attachment.
I also tried to run "make distclean", to change to a new directory or to remove it and resync.

The stable version of GNU Radio installs without any problem, but I wanted to try GRC and, from what I read, it's necessary to use the current development version.
Any help would be very appreciated; just let me know what other informations could be useful to try to solve the problem
thank you

Paolo

# Copyright 1999-2007 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: $

inherit flag-o-matic eutils subversion

DESCRIPTION="GNU Radio SVN Latest"
LICENSE="GPL-2"
HOMEPAGE="http://www.gnuradio.org/trac"

ESVN_REPO_URI="http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk"
#ESVN_PROJECT="${PN/-svn}"
ESVN_BOOTSTRAP="cd ${S} && \
               ./bootstrap"

SLOT="0"
IUSE="usrp usb doc jack wxwindows alsa sdl portaudio debug examples"
KEYWORDS="x86 amd64"

DEPEND="virtual/libc
       >=dev-lang/python-2.3
       >=dev-lang/swig-1.3.31
       >=sci-libs/fftw-3.0
       >=dev-util/cppunit-1.9.14
       dev-libs/boost
       dev-python/numeric
       wxwindows? ( >=dev-python/wxpython-2.5.2.7 )
       alsa? ( media-libs/alsa-lib
               media-sound/alsa-headers )
       usb? ( dev-libs/libusb )
       sdl? ( media-libs/libsdl )
       usrp? ( >=dev-embedded/sdcc-2.4.0 )
       doc? ( app-doc/doxygen
              app-text/xmlto )
       jack? ( media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit )
       portaudio? ( >=media-libs/portaudio-19 )"
#       !gnuradio"

pkg_setup() {
       elog "This ebuild does not currently install comedi dependencies."
       elog "If you require the comedi component you will need to install"
       elog "the neccessary libraries yourself prior to emerging gnuradio."

       if !(has_version "cross-avr/avr-libc") ; then

               elog "In order to build the ezdop and gr-ezdop components you will"
               elog "need avr-gcc and the corresponding binutils. This toolchain"
               elog "can be emerged with crossdev as follows:"
               elog "# emerge crossdev"
               elog "# crossdev -t avr"
               elog ""
               elog "You will need to emerge gnuradio after crossdev has finished"
               elog "installing the avr toolchain for the ezdop components to build."
       fi

       epause 5
}

src_unpack() {
       subversion_src_unpack
       TZ=UTC svn log -v "${ESVN_REPO_URI}" >ChangeLog
}

src_test()
{
       emake check || die "make check failed"
}

src_install() {
       make install DESTDIR="${D}" || die "make install failed"

       # Install examples
       if use examples ; then
               mkdir -p ${D}/usr/share/doc/${PF}/examples/
               cp -r gnuradio-examples/* ${D}/usr/share/doc/${PF}/examples/
       fi
}

Pursuant to Legislative Decree No. 196/2003, you are hereby informed that this message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee.

If you are not the addressee, and have received this message by mistake, please delete it and immediately notify us. You may not copy or disseminate this message to anyone.

Thank you.