Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] updated BBN 80211 code for current release (3.1.3

From: Douglas Geiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] updated BBN 80211 code for current release (3.1.3)?
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 08:08:24 -0600

Yihu Li wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am new to gnuradio and plan to do some cross-layer implementation (MAC
> and PHY layers with MIMO) on gnuradio. I intalled the newest stable
> version of gnuradio (v3.1.3) and plan to use BBN 802.11 code or
> span80211b with it. However, it seems that BBN 802.11 and span80211 code
> can only be used with the earlier version of gnuradio (see
> https://www.cgran.org/wiki/Projects ). I read the emaillist archieve and
> found some people were discussing this and working on it. What is the
> newest updates about this? Does anyone successful use it this way?
>
> Thank a lot.
>
> Yihu

I've been on and off working on this, and expect to be spending more
time on it now. However, I don't currently have anything that works with
the latest stable release.  I have a branch in the bbn_80211 project
(https://www.cgran.org/cgran/projects/bbn_80211/branches/douggeiger) if
you want to see what I'm working on at the moment - but again, it is not
currently functional. If you want to take a look and help (send
patches/suggestions, etc.) that would be welcome.
 Doug

--
Doug Geiger
Research Assistant