RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fixing high pass filter design by optfir.py

From: Bob McGwier
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fixing high pass filter design by optfir.py
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:47:34 -0500

I haven't looked at that code in a while.  I will take the assignment.

Maureen Quirk and I are doing a Octave and SciPy replacement for fdatool.
Maureen has spent years writing FIR and IIR design code.  We are updating it
to use C++ as the code was originally Fortran and written for the Cray
supercomputers we used to have.  This is not "make work".  We need to use it
in several more modern things about to be included here (such as the
polyphase filter bank code I am doing from the work harris and I did this
summer).  We have one more teleconference meeting Friday and then code will
fly out the door.  The design code will follow after Maureen is happy with
it.

This is to be used for and will include both FIR and recursive/all pass
versions of the partition filters.

Bob

ARRL SDR Working Group Chair
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.
"And yes I said, yes I will Yes", Molly Bloom