Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] add-on pci-express GigE card compatibility

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] add-on pci-express GigE card compatibility
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:31:33 -0800

address@hidden wrote:
Hi all-

I just wanted to report that a PCI-express card with the Agere ET131x chipset (StarTech ST1000BTPEX from Newegg) doesn't seem to work (as eth1) with the USRP2, but an Intel-based card with the 82572EI chipset does. Maybe there is some option during compilation of the Agere kernel driver that I didn't see, but with the default "make" compilation the find_usrps command failed on the Agere. I'm using a 10099 svn version of GnuRadio and the default firmware that came with the USRP2, purchased about 3 weeks ago.

Thanks for the report. If anybody else has success or problem reports, please send them in. I will be trying to obtain similar cards in order to figure out what is going on.

I have had a lot of success with the Intel chipsets which use the e1000 or e1000e drivers, as well as Marvell using the sky2 kernel module.

Matt