Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AWAL root raised cosine filter in the GRC trunk?

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AWAL root raised cosine filter in the GRC trunk?
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 16:47:57 -0500

See http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/GNURadioCompanion#FilterDesign

you have access to all the firdes function from inside grc. Just pick out an FIR filter block, and enter firdes.root_raised_cosine(...) for the taps parameter.

I made a few wrappers around the FIR filters for the pass band taps: low pass, high pass... are all in grc. I could easily make another for the root raised cosine FIR filter, so you dont have to type this firdes.... nonsense.

The issue is that there are a N blocks that take taps as a parameter, and there are M taps generators, and it would be hell to make MxN convenience wrappers for all of them.

However, I would like to make these convenience blocks for some of the combinations. Would RRC FIR be useful? Any other suggestions for some practical combinations?

-Josh

Glenn Richardson wrote:
Where did the root_raised_cosine filter go?
I recently began exploring GRC in the svn trunk, and quickly realized that the root_raised_cosine filter has gone missing. Missing is perhaps too strong of word... the filter exists in the gr_firdes general library, but isn't brought out to a GRC block of that name that I can find. Do I simply need to create a custom XML wrapper for it, or is it hidden in another filter as an option? I've begun to edit my "custom" XML filter, but am second guessing myself now. Is there some other SDR black magic (math) that I don't know? I'm new to fairly gnuradio and still getting oriented to the source code.
Thanks in advance,
Glenn