[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Re: what is the rate(sampling) of the impulse res

From: Bruhtesfa Ebrahim
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Re: what is the rate(sampling) of the impulse response using usrp_sounder.py ?
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:26:39 +0100

Johnathan Corgan wrote:

> The custom FPGA code performs the correlation in the USRP.  The
> algorithm is a sequential correlator that processes an entire PN code
> sequence per impulse reponse lag time.  So the data rate coming out of
> the USRP is 64 Msps (ADC rate) divided by 8190 samples per PN sequence
> (default degree of 12), or about 7.8 ksps.  Since each record is 4095
> samples long, this outputs a full impulse response record about twice
> a second.
>
> The impulse response record still represents the original 32 Mchip/sec
> correlation, so in your received data, each sample represents a lag of
> about 31.25 ns.
>
> -Johnathan

Thank you for the replies Johnathan!!!

But, i still get some problems when i experiment with it.

My objective is to measure impulse response of a room and extract
information on the movement of people inside the room.

1. I tried to monitor the impulse response of the room for 5 sec. So,
according to the discussion above(i.e since the FPGA computes impulse
response of length 4095,32MHZ in 0.5sec), I will have 10 impulse
response vectors in 5sec. But when i set { samples = 10 *
self._length**2 in usrp_sounder_rx.py } and run the code, it takes about
160 seconds to complete. So, I am confused. Does the recorded impulse
response correspond to 5sec or 160sec?

2. As, expected there is frequency offset on the received impulse
response.  what can i do to synchronize transmitter and receiver
daughter boards?     Thanks!

Bruhtesfa