Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Daughter Boards frequencies

From: Ronaldo Nunez
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Daughter Boards frequencies
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 17:15:40 -0200

Than you Sebastiaan and Brian, I think that I understood it now.
I'm not sure but I think cordic is not available on tx path, is it?

Thank for your answers,

Ronaldo

2009/1/7 Sebastiaan Heunis <address@hidden>
Hi

I can help with the RX bit.  Read up on undersampling.  This is how
you would do it with a BasicRX card.  You can basically sample a
signal higher than 64MHz provided that the bandwidth is less than
64MHz/2.  The signal then ends up between 0 and 32MHz and is either
inverted or not.  You then need to set the cordic frequency to that
frequency to mix it down to DC on the FPGA.

With the TVRX cards there is a tuner that downconverts a high
frequency signal (FM,UHF,VHF) down to somewhere below 64MHz (depending
on which TVRX revision you have).

Sebastiaan

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Ronaldo Nunez <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Community,
>
> I read in the faq and in the usrp_stardard.cc that RF frequencies higher
> than 44MHz can't be tuned in URSP,
> so how BasicTX, and other daughter boards can tune hundreds, thousands of
> MHz ?
>
> Thank you all, Regards...
> --

Sebastiaan Heunis
Radar and Remote Sensing Group, University of Cape Town
Tel:  +27 83 305 5667

--
Ronaldo A. Viera Nunez

Santa Maria - RS - Brasil