Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] swig error during compiling

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] swig error during compiling
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:36:06 -0800

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 4:23 AM, feldmaus <address@hidden> wrote:

> libtool: install: error: cannot install `_gnuradio_swig_py_runtime.la'
> to a directory not ending in
> /usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gnuradio/gr

In the past when we've seen this error, it is when there is a previous
build in the source tree that used a different prefix.  In other
words, if you run configure with a prefix=/usr/local (or let it be the
default), do the compile, then go back and re-run configure with a
different prefix, you get the above.  The solution is to run 'make
distclean' in between, to remove all traces of the previous compile.

Also, there hasn't been any extensive testing of GNU Radio with Python
2.6.  I'm extremely interested in how that works for you.

-Johnathan