Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Does the GRC FFT block re-order its output

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Does the GRC FFT block re-order its output
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 21:13:45 -0800

Send the generated python code so we can see how the fft block is created.

Marcus D. Leech wrote:
Does the GRC output block re-order output?   I'm puzzled with respect to
what I'm seeing.

My normal expectation is that, given an FFT buffer of size N, that on output

buf[0] to buf[N/2] = DC to nyquist
buf[N/2] to buf[N] = -nyquist to DC

Seems correct.

But that isn't what I'm seeing in GRC FFT output.   Clues?