Re: Fwd: [Discuss-gnuradio] SVN Revisions and GSSM

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Discuss-gnuradio] SVN Revisions and GSSM
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:34:19 -0800

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 09:11:19PM +0100, José Carlos Reyes wrote:
> Thank you Eric.
> I had to install that old revision due to the newer svn revisions do not
> work with gssm. Do you know what newer revision I can use with gssm?
> With r5220, the installation of gssm and wireshark is ok. But when I start
> the gssm_usrp.py script (in the last step, whe I start wireshark and I try
> to demodulate the traffic) it gives me the following error:
> *
> address@hidden:~/Escritorio/gssm-v0.1/src/python$ sudo
> ./gssm_usrp.py
> TUNSETIFF: Device or resource busy
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
>   what():  cannot open TUN device
> Cancelado*
>
> Any help?
> Can anyone that has gssm help me?
>
> Thank you ever so much.
> Jose Carlos

Jose,

As far as I know, the person who wrote gssm is not on this mailing list.
I would suggest that you either contact that person, or figure out how
to update the code so that it runs with the latest version of GR.

I don't know how much experience you have with free software projects,
but in general, the people who want things working, make them work.
You appear to be a person who wants gssm working, thus you are the
_perfect_ person to sort it out.

Have your tried googling "TUNSETIFF: Device or resource busy"
Have you looked at the tap/tun documentation?
Have you looked at our current code and located any examples that use
tap/tun?  find and grep are your friend.

Eric