[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio and USRP baseband demodulation/decoding

From: Einar Thorsrud
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio and USRP baseband demodulation/decoding
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 12:42:22 +0100

Hi all,

I am trying to use the USRP with the LFRX daughterboard to receive a baseband signal coming from an external RF-frontend (the signal is originally 2-PSK passband). I am a GNU Radio novice, and have some difficulties understanding how to synchronize to and decode the NRZI-coded baseband signal. I suppose ones the synchronization is done the actual decoding will be easy.

I find it difficult to understand the process of synchronizing, what I would like to see is some kind of guide or feedback on how to pick exactly the correct number of samples for each symbol, enabling the decoding of the signal symbol for symbol.

What would be the correct approach to solve this problem?

(I am in fact also having similar problems understanding this using the OSSIE SDR system, so it may be a more general lack of understanding on my behalf)

--
Einar Thorsrud