[Discuss-gnuradio] Measuring SNR

From: Swapna Raj
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Measuring SNR
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:57:11 -0600

Hi,

I am trying to implement a particular channel coding technique as part of my work(Master's Thesis). I need to test this technique in a fading channel. But since I have no control over the channel I cannot quantify channel condition.I need SNR to analyze the performance of the coding technique.The only solution i thought was to inject noise at source and ensure that transmission.But this is more like a simulation. I would like to know if there are better ways to do this.

My second question is more related to Python programming. I need to run a series of scripts one after the other in my work.Though these scripts work fine independently. I get an error when I use os.popen(). In most cases I do not want the control to return back to the calling script.Could any one suggest what is the best way to do this, or atleast a reference?

Thanks
Swapna