[Discuss-gnuradio] Filtering USRP FM Reception

From: Francesco B.
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Filtering USRP FM Reception
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 16:12:04 -0800 (PST)

Hey all,

I was wondering, is there anything in particular that's peculiar about using
a filter to isolate one sine wave out of three that are being transmitted
over FM? I've attempted adding another FIR (optfir) filter post-demod, but
connecting it to the pipeline produces a long list of small floats in the
terminal (filter coefficients, perhaps?), and then the program terminates.
Otherwise, the program is identical to usrp_wfm_rcv_nogui.py. It runs as
normal when the filter is commented out, outputting all signals at a
specific FM frequency to the sound card. However, I don't accomplish my task
with that.

What's the proper method for filtering signals, then? It looked fairly
straightforward, but perhaps optfir doesn't function as I was expecting it
to. My code is attached.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p22029608/usrp_wfm_rcv_filt_nogui.py
usrp_wfm_rcv_filt_nogui.py