[Discuss-gnuradio] buffering in gr_file

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] buffering in gr_file
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:20:31 -0500

Is there a way to turn off buffering on gr_file?  (Short of adding an
fflush in the C++ code that implements the work function?).

I have an app that writes a single floating-point number to a FIFO at a
rate of 2Hz, and it doesn't make it to the
  outside world until the STDIO buffer gets filled.   *I* think this is
a bug, since it violates the reasonable expectation
  of the quasi-realtime nature of Gnu Radio.

Any opinions?

Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator, Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium