Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 &DBSRX testing

From: Bruce Stansby
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 &DBSRX testing
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:11:57 +0900

My apologies, newbie hoping it was a common newbie problem, details as
follows.

Hardware:
         Twin Xeon quadcore X5355 processors.
         Supermicro X7DBE motherboard
         8 GB of ram

Software:
         Ubuntu 8.04 Kernal 2.6.2-16-generic

I didn't install the software my supervisor did (he knows what he's
doing) but he used the latest from the trunk a few days ago, as the
tarball he originally used didn't show any USRP2 items.

If these a way to find a version number of the installed software please
let me know.

The memory card had the original version software on it and after it
didn't work he upgrade it with UR2_rev3 & txrx.bin.

Not sure about the where the daughter board_id shows up but I'm
presuming its the hex type number after the address@hidden sequence.

if so with the dbrx installed then its returning 0X001 also we are
getting Analog BB:0 and DDC:0, also there is no gain slider. When the
tvrx is installed we are getting 0X0040 anolog BB:756M  DDC: 44M, and
the gain slider is present.

At a uninformed guess I am wondering if the dbrx is talking to the usrp2?

At the moment I'm trying to install the grc package but unfortunitly I
can't seem to get python lxml 2.00 to install.

Regards