[Discuss-gnuradio] audio_alsa_sink problem

From: Arto Oksanen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] audio_alsa_sink problem
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 21:38:31 +0200

When trying to use audio sink in GRC I get following error:

audio: using audio_alsa
audio_alsa_sink[hw:0,0]: set_period_time_near failed: Invalid argument
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/gr/top_block.py", line 45, in <module>
    tb = top_block()
  File "/home/gr/top_block.py", line 32, in __init__
    self.audio_sink_0 = audio.sink(44100, "", True)
  File "/usr/local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/audio_alsa.py",
line 307, in sink
    return _audio_alsa.sink(*args, **kwargs)
RuntimeError: audio_alsa_sink

The audio test samples in gnuradio-examples/python/audio do work with
no problems.

I tried to google for further information, but found only the archive
of this mail list suggesting to search the net for the solution. Looks
like a recursive solution for me. :-)

I am new to gnuradio stuff so it may well be my ignorance causing
this, but I can not find any tutorials or manuals or documentation
especially for the GRC.

best  regards,

arto

--