[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Re: Frequency dependent problem after syncronizin

From: Bruhtesfa Ebrahim
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Re: Frequency dependent problem after syncronizing , Please help!
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 11:24:53 +0100

Bruhtesfa Ebrahim wrote:
> Eric Blossom wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 02:17:05PM -0800, Johnathan Corgan wrote:
>>> Actually, what you're now describing is more like not receiving any
>>> signal at all--the small line at DC is residual DC offset from the
>>> ADC, and the noise is simply that, noise that gets amplified according
>>> to the gain setting.  At a certain point the noise power exceeds the
>>> small DC offset.
>>>
>>> Johnathan
>>
>> Agreed about no (or low) signal, though I think the small line at DC
>> is a truncation artifact in the FPGA.
>>
>> Eric

Hey all,

What I understand from a repeated experiment is, only the carrier
frequencies which undergo direct downconversion by the
daughterboard(frequencies for which DDC=0 in FPGA) show such a
behaviour. For instance, for f=5.76GHz there is the problem stated
above, but for f=5.7605GHz there is no such a problem.

But, why such dependence for the direct down conversion frequencies?
I am using the frequencies like, f=5.7605GHz for now.But,will there be
any effect on my output due to using these fractional frequencies?

Bruhtesfa,