[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: not able to run grc

From: Tushar Patel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: not able to run grc
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 22:50:11 -0700

Thanks Josh
after typing all export I able to run GRC.

Now my question is , in previous GRC, we got help like color- for
float, complex, number, query for usrp board
But Here I do not able to find such help,

Also how can i remove my previous version of gnuradio3.1.3, or no need
to remove it.

pl guide me
thanks and regards
tushar patel

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:
> in addition to export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages
>
> you may need to add the following to your .bashrc
>
> export BOOST_PREFIX=/opt/boost_1_37_0
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$BOOST_PREFIX/lib
>
> Tushar Patel wrote:
>>
>> By giving the python path I able to open grc package.
>> But still simple sound prog. in not running.
>> I able to run audio_tone.py on command prompt.
>> also test the audio_fft.py on command prompt. both run fine.
>> But on grc any example given same erro.
>>
>> address@hidden tushar]# export
>> PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages
>>
>> address@hidden tushar]# grc
>>
>> <<< Welcome to gnuradio 3.2svn >>>
>>

>> Showing: ""
>>
>> (grc:3195): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **:
>>  cannot connect to the session bus:
>> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible
>> causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the
>> message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout
>> expired, or the network connection was broken.
>>
>> (grc:3195): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **: cannot connect to the
>> session bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a
>> reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a
>> reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply
>> timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
>>
>> Generating: "/home/tushar/Desktop/Project/top_block.py"
>>
>> Executing: "/home/tushar/Desktop/Project/top_block.py"
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "/home/tushar/Desktop/Project/top_block.py", line 10, in <module>
>>    from gnuradio import audio
>>  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/audio.py",
>> line 35, in <module>
>>    from gnuradio import gr
>>  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/__init__.py",
>> line 43, in <module>
>>    from gnuradio_swig_python import *
>>  File
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_swig_python.py",
>> line 23, in <module>
>>    from gnuradio_swig_py_runtime import *
>>  File
>> "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_swig_py_runtime.py",
>> line 6, in <module>
>>    import _gnuradio_swig_py_runtime
>> ImportError: libboost_thread-gcc43-mt-1_37.so.1.37.0: cannot open
>> shared object file: No such file or directory
>>
>> thanks and regards
>> tushar
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> I assume after configure, you did make and sudo make install.
>>>
>>> Then perhaps you PYTHONPATH is not setup properly. Run the following
>>> command
>>> from the terminal: python -c "import gnuradio" does it produce an error?