Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to take input from multiple subdevices in the

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to take input from multiple subdevices in the USRP simultaneously
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:08:24 -0700

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 09:40:29AM -0700, sHabzbd wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> I am guessing that my last post was not clear since I didnt get any replies.
> So here I go again.
>
> 1. I am using two Flex900 daughter cards on a single USRP.
> 2. I am getting to select two subdevices (0,0) and (1,0) ie. daughter board
> A or daughter board B
> 3. On each subdevice I am getting to select two antennas 'TX/RX' and 'RX2'
>
> Now here is the thing. I can take anyone of the input at a single time, ie.
> I can either get
> a. subdevice(0,0) & antenna 'TX/RX'
> b. subdevice(0,0) & antenna 'RX2'
> c. subdevice(1,0) & antenna 'TX/RX'
> d. subdevice(1,0) & antenna 'RX2'
>
> That is I am getting to set the usrp mux with
>       tb.src_usrp.set_mux(usrp.determine_rx_mux_value(tb.src_usrp, subdevice))
> and then select and antenna for the subdevice
>       tb.subdev.select_rx_antenna('RX2')
>
> But I need to build a graph where I can take at least two of the above
> mentioned inputs. And store them in two separate sinks if possible. Using
> two different sink_files.
>
> Would really really appreciate any help or some direction or hint.
>
> Thank you loads in advance.

Hi Shabbir,

I can point you to two different examples that between them do
something similar to what you're trying to do.

The first is gnuradio-examples/python/usrp_wfm_rcv2_nogui.py.
This uses two DDCs to extract two streams from a single daughterboard.
You can ignore the fact that the signal processing is an FM recvr.

The second is gnuradio-examples/python/multi-antenna/multi_file.py.
This one expects two Basic Rx daughterboards, and extracts a total of
4 streams, 2 from each daughterboard.

In your case, since your extracting a single stream from each
daughterboard, you'll want to use the tune method twice, once on each
daughterboard.  Your rx mux setting should be 0x32103210

Eric