[Discuss-gnuradio] Interpolation/Decimation

From: dbeken
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Interpolation/Decimation
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 06:17:21 -0700 (PDT)

I am past the saturation issue, but my question is, i can only send and
receive a sinusoidal flawlessly when i do 100 interpolation and 100
decimation. If I go less than that, why is my signal deformed (4 int 4 decm
for example) . Also (according to the datasheet) Why do we need to make at
least 4 int. and 4 decimation in USRP2? So please tell me some details about
it. I know what interpolation and decimation, but cannot apply here? Does
too less decimation (like 8) cause some overflow?

So to summarize, can you please tell me the role of interpolation and
decimation here and its critical values if any) and why there are these
critical values.

If I go like 4 interpolation and 40 decimation, the signal gets deformed,
which I can understand, but why gaps between signal bursts? Also if I lower
the signal under 100 decimation rate at the usrp2 receiver but also lower
the interpolation rate (20 int 20 dec) my computer gets all blue and must
stop the process (the graphic flows but the buttons on the graphic donĀ“t
react)

Regards

dbeken