Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RTOS?

From: Pradyumna Desale
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RTOS?
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 20:20:15 -0400

Hi Eric,

Thank you for a quick reply. This was my first post on the discussion list and your quick response has taken away my hesitancy.

I am trying to implement an gnuradio on top RTOS, which can enable more complex scheduling algorithm (other than flow-graphs) as well as a timing mechanism. Also, once RTOS is working successfully, it can maintain a global state, keep track of flow control. Hope that answers your questions.

Regards,
Pradyumna
-------
Pradyumna V. Desale
Graduate Student
Electrical Engineering
The Pennsylvania State University

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 04:56:56PM -0400, Pradyumna Desale wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Has anyone heard of RTOS implementations along with gnuradio? I am a newbie
> and am trying to implement a scheduling scheme using RTOS. Has anyone tried
> this before? I am running into truckloads of problend ms with Contiki. Any
> input will be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure that I follow your question.

What problem/opportunity/situation are you trying to explore?
Are you thinking about running GNU Radio on top of an RTOS?
If so, what do you hope to accomplish with this?
If so, does the RTOS provide some kind of posix and/or pthread emulation?

Eric