Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] modulation and demodulation

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] modulation and demodulation
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 13:29:15 -0400

yyzhuang wrote:
Hi All,

We are trying to set different modulation and demodulation schemes in
gnuradio example tunnel.py. The default is gmsk, which works fine. But when
we used -m dbpsk option, the two PCs can't ping each other (although after
ifconfig setup, both sender and receiver have output like: Tx: len(payload)
= 192 ). I looked through the script
    tb = my_top_block(mods[options.modulation],
                      demods[options.modulation],
                      mac.phy_rx_callback,
                      options)

It should be ok if we specify a different modulation with -m, unless there's
other settings needed. Can anybody help us with the problem? Thanks a lot.

Yanyan

I have used DBPSK and DQPSK fine with tunnel.py. You will probably have to play with the symbol rate, transmit power, and possibly the receiver acquisition loop settings.

Tom