Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp1 harmonic issue

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp1 harmonic issue
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 19:09:32 -0700

You are not seeing harmonics. You are seeing DC offset, which you have not corrected for. Also, you seem to be transmitting a very low power which results in your signal being below the DC offset level.

Matt

Quoc Lai wrote:

Hello,
I am a beginner with USRP. Please help with my problem. Please see the attached two pictures captured by a spectrum analyzer. In usrp1_64MHz_harmonic.JPG, I just powered up the motherboard without any daughterboard. I guess the harmonics comes from the fact that we have 64MHz ADC. In rxf400_4MHz_harmonic.JPG, I transmit ofdm signal at 420MHz using daughterboard RXF400. Beside the 64MHz harmonic coupling with the transmit signal, I also see the 4MHz harmonics.

Do you know why these happen and how to mitigate them? I appreciate your answers. Thank you,
Quoc