Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [Douglas Geiger BBN 802.11b] Porting code on USR

From: Costantini, Andrea
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [Douglas Geiger BBN 802.11b] Porting code on USRP2 problems
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 11:21:30 +0200

Hi Colby,

I am glad that I am not the only one trying to port the code.
I guess you are in a more advanced state. I wasn't even able to run the test.py. ;-)

Would you like to share your modified code (even if it is not finished)? so that I try to understand your modifications.

Best Regards,
Andrea

P.S. For the USRP2 api, I usually compare the USRP2 and USRP swig code (e.g. usrp2.py and usrp_swig.py).

Colby Boyer wrote:
Hi Andrea,

I am also working to port the 802.11b code to the USRP2. I have finished converting the code to hier_block2, and the bbn_80211b_test.py script works correctly and it can send packets in simulation. I am currently working on modifying the rx, and tx files to connect to the USRP2, but been struggling to make progress. I have not had much luck finding any documentation for the USRP2 function calls, so I am sorta lost on what to change in rx, tx and tx transmit path files. Does anyone have any links to the usrp2 api?

I would be more than happy to share the modifications I made (built largly upon Douglas's work) with rest of the GNU radio community.

Regards,
Colby Boyer