[Discuss-gnuradio] question to I and Q routing

From: feldmaus
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] question to I and Q routing
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 08:15:47 +0000 (UTC)

Hi All,

i have a signal generator which is only connected to 1 SMA connector
at the LFRX daughterboard.
In the gnuradio documentation is written:
"Each of the 4 ADC's can be routed to either of I or the Q input
of any of the 4 DDC's."

But if i store the data coming from the usrp to disk, i have got
real and imag values, which represents the I and Q values.
So how is the Q part created ?
Or do i have to create it by connect my signal generator to 2 SMA connectors ?

My test signal is a sine signal.

Regards Markus