Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 benchmark_rx.py, benchmark_tx.py, transmit_

From: Ben Yahmed
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 benchmark_rx.py, benchmark_tx.py, transmit_path_usrp2.py, receive_path_usrp2.py, pick_bitrate.py
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:55:01 +0200

Hi,
Did you try to send and receive packets between 2 USRP2? I tryed but without any result. Are you sure that it's working correctly? I will have a look to the code in more details and tell you if something will work.

Ben Yahmed

Smith L. wrote:
Hi,

This is what I get when I run benchmark _tx.py and benchmark_rx.py
respectively on USRP2 with transmit_path_usrp2.py and receive_path_usrp2.py
respectively:

benchmark_tx.py:-

address@hidden:~/gnuradio/gnuradio-examples/python/digital$ sudo
./benchmark_tx.py -f 2400M -v
usrp2::ctor reset_db failed
usrp2::ctor set_rx_gain failed
usrp2::ctor set_tx_interp failed
usrp2::ctor set_rx_scale_iq failed
gr_fir_fff: using SSE
bits per symbol = 1
Gaussian filter bt = 0.35
Using TX d'board 43
Tx amplitude     12000
modulation:      gmsk_mod
bitrate:         500kb/s
samples/symbol:    2
interp:          100
Tx Frequency:    2.4G
address@hidden:~/gnuradio/gnuradio-examples/python/digital$
benchmark_rx.py:-

address@hidden:~/gnuradio/gnuradio-examples/python/digital$ sudo
./benchmark_rx.py -f 2400M -v
usrp2::ctor reset_db failed
gr_fir_fff: using SSE
bits per symbol = 1
M&M clock recovery omega = 2.000000
M&M clock recovery gain mu = 0.175000
M&M clock recovery mu = 0.500000
M&M clock recovery omega rel. limit = 0.005000
frequency error = 0.000000

Receive Path:
Using RX d'board 39
Rx gain:         35
modulation:      gmsk_demod
bitrate:         500kb/s
samples/symbol:    2
decim:           100
Rx Frequency:    2.4G

Now the same thing for usrp1 but using transmit_path.py and receive_path.py
which is already provided in gnuradio:

benchmark_tx.py:-

address@hidden:~/gnuradio/gnuradio-examples/python/digital$ sudo
./benchmark_tx.py -f 2400M -v
gr_fir_fff: using SSE
bits per symbol = 1
Gaussian filter bt = 0.35
Using TX d'board A: Flex 2400 Tx MIMO B
Tx amplitude     12000
modulation:      gmsk_mod
bitrate:         500kb/s
samples/symbol:    2
interp:          128
Tx Frequency:    2.4G
address@hidden:~/gnuradio/gnuradio-examples/python/digital$
benchmark_rx.py:-

address@hidden:~/gnuradio/gnuradio-examples/python/digital$ sudo
./benchmark_rx.py -f 2400M -v
gr_fir_fff: using SSE
bits per symbol = 1
M&M clock recovery omega = 2.000000
M&M clock recovery gain mu = 0.175000
M&M clock recovery mu = 0.500000
M&M clock recovery omega rel. limit = 0.005000
frequency error = 0.000000

Receive Path:
Using RX d'board A: Flex 2400 Rx MIMO B
Rx gain:         45
modulation:      gmsk_demod
bitrate:         500kb/s
samples/symbol:    2
decim:            64
Rx Frequency:    2.4G

I am using the same pick_bitrate.py file that is already provided in
gnuradio. As it can be seen that both usrp systems have the default bit rate
irrespective of whether it acts as receiver or transmitter. My concern is
with the interpolation and decimation. Do I need to make changes to the
pick_bitrate.py file for USRP2? If yes, then what kind of changes. I also
observed that even though USRP2 shows a bit rate of 500kbps, however I
believe that its transmitting too fast which does not allow USRP1 to receive
correctly.I would greatly appreciate any help in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Smith