Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Resource busy error:

From: Martin DvH
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Resource busy error:
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 00:54:38 +0200

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 17:41 -0500, kollimarla bhargav wrote:
>  Hi all,
>          We are trying to run a simple receiver program using
> benchmark_rx.py. The problem we are facing is when we try to run
> another receiver program like usrp_spectrum_sense.py inside the
> benchmark_rx.py using os.system() command , the error is " Device or
> Resource busy". We get a feeling that the thread from benchmark_rx.py
> is still running. We even used thread.stop before calling
> usrp_spectrum_sense.py, but this did not work, the same error message
> popped up. Is there any other way of exclusively kill the thread and
> call another receiver program.???
> We are able to call a benchmark_tx.py transmitter code in
> benchmark_rx.py receiver code,
This is logical.
The TX part of the USRP can be used seperately from the RX part.
The RX part is still in use so it can't be used for a new receiver.
>  but the combination of calling any program with a reciever block from
> benchmark_rx.py  was not successful and we got a error message
> "Resource busy ". Is this a thread issue??
> Appreciate any help!!

Your receiver chain still exists, even if it is not running.
This keeps the RX part of the USRP in use.

Did you instruct the topblock to stop and wait for it to finish.

If you did, you could try after stopping the topblock.

tb.rxpath=None

or even
tb = None

This throws away the reference to the receive_path (which keeps the RX
part of the USRP in use and thus 'Resource Busy'.)

Martin