[Discuss-gnuradio] flowstates - FX2

From: Dominik Auras
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] flowstates - FX2
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 22:16:48 +0200

Hi!

A more specific question on the FX2:

do {                                    \
     FLOWSTATE = 0x81;                  \
     FLOWLOGIC = 0x2d;                  \
    FLOWEQ0CTL = 0x26;                  \
    FLOWEQ1CTL = 0x00;                  \
   FLOWHOLDOFF = 0x04;                  \
       FLOWSTB = 0x04;                  \
   FLOWSTBEDGE = 0x03;                  \
FLOWSTBHPERIOD = 0x02;                  \
GPIFHOLDAMOUNT = 0x00;                  \
} while (0)

If I have reengineered this correctly (gpif.gpf crashes the current GPIF Designer, importing gpif.c skips the flow states), you set to transfer data at rising AND falling edge while in flow state. Is this correct?

What I have found is:
state 1 is flow state (for both waveforms)
for flowstates:
for fifowr:
if TCXpire and TCXpire then - else WEN, BOGUS
Master Strobe Pin "unused", Half Period 2 (=1 clock)
Holdoff pin ="unused",but holdoff not asserted
for fiford:
if TCXpire and TCXpire then - else REN, OE, BOGUS
everything else not changed from fifowr

DP:
fiford:
if TCXpire and TCXpire then S2 else S1
etc....

Btw. there is an application note on flow states (I saw that someone stated that these are barely documented):
http://www.cypress.com/?rID=12951

Best regards
Dominik