Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question on grc block "packet encoder"

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question on grc block "packet encoder"
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 11:16:05 -0700

Its because of packet utils http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/packet_utils.py#L104

I really hate the packet encoder/decoder, I am excited for this message passing capability that gr blocks may get in the near future. We can re-implement this packet framing stuff, and have a whole variety of them.

-Josh

Achilleas Anastasopoulos wrote:

Looking at the GRC block "packet encoder" and the corresponding example
"grc/examples/simple/dpsk_loopback"
it is not clear to me why the "packet encoder" needs to have access to the parameters "samples_per_symbol" and "bits_per_symbol".

My understanding is that the output of this block should be a stream of bits (packed into bytes) that will then be used by an appropriate modulator. The latter needs to know these two parameters, but NOT the former.

Achilleas