Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Where is GR installed in Ubuntu?

From: Firas Abbas
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Where is GR installed in Ubuntu?
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 22:57:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

> On Thu, 5/7/09, William L. Bahn <address@hidden> wrote:
> I installed GR and USRP software from the binaries using the instructions
> found at:
>
> http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/DebianPackages
>
> As near as I can tell, it finished successfully. For instance, if I rerun
> $ sudo apt-get install gnuradio usrp
>
> It says that both are the newest versions. But where did it get
> installed? I can't find it anywhere.

I did not tried to install gnuradio using Debian packages. But for standard
installation from the trunk on my Ubuntu OS, the files goes to :

1) GR Include files goes to:

/usr/local/include

2) Doxygen generated documentation files goes to :

/usr/local/share/doc

3) USRP FPGA images goes to:

/usr/local/share/usrp

4) Examples goes to :

/usr/local/share/gnuradio
/usr/local/share/grc

5) Python packeges goes to:

* For Python2.5 it goes to:
 /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages

* For Python 2.6 it goes to:
/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages

6) Shared library files goes to:
/usr/local/lib

7) pc files goes to :
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

8) Command line executable files goes to:
/usr/local/bin

9) Configuration files goes to:
/usr/local/etc/gnuradio/conf.d

To see how to do a GR manual removal check:

http://sdrblog.wordpress.com/2009/02/23/gnuradio-installation-folders

Best Regards,

Firas