[Discuss-gnuradio] Difference between blks and blks2

From: Colby Boyer
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Difference between blks and blks2
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 01:11:29 -0700

Hi all,

So I am not too familiar with the history of how GNU-Radio has evolved over the past few years and I am wondering what are the fundamental differences between blks and blks2(old revisions vs new revisions)?

A question I am asking is why did the BBN people who wrote the 802.11b code make their own DPSK mod/demod and did not use the function blocks provided by gnuradio?  Were those blocks simply not available at the time?

Last question.  Has the functionality of teh the DB/QPSK modulations in the blks2 library been tested? I'm in the process of cleaning up the 802.11b code, and if I can relay on gnu-radio libraries, rather than custom C++/python code, that would be better.

Thanks,
Colby