[Discuss-gnuradio] Creating .dat file from .mp3 or.wav file!

From: Salman Ali
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Creating .dat file from .mp3 or.wav file!
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 00:52:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all !

I have been experimenting with transmission of audio file in FM range but i could not generate a valid ".dat" file. I would like to know how i could convert an image,video or specially an audio file into a valid ".dat" file format for transmission. Moreover I would like to know what is the format of .dat file used here because so many applications use the file extension ".dat" to indicate a file that contains data. Also at some places it is written that a .raw format is used for audio transmission???

Regards