[Discuss-gnuradio] Changes from 3.1 to 3.2?

From: Mikael Olofsson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Changes from 3.1 to 3.2?
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 16:27:12 +0200

Greetings,

I have just upgraded from GNU Radio 3.1 to 3.2. At the same time I upgraded from Ubuntu 8.04 to Ubuntu 9.04. The hardware setup is a USRP1 with an LFTX daughterboard.

Under the previous setup (8.04+3.1), I could generate signals with an amplitude up to approx 1V. Above that the signal was severely distorted, which fits very well with what I've been able to read about the hardware.

With the new setup (9.04+3.2), the same code generates signals with an amplitude of approx 0.28V, and above that the signal again is severely distorted.

This bugs me. The hardware should definitely still be able to produce 1V amplitude. I have tried this with two different USRPs and two different daughterboards and also with two host computers.

Before I do any more debugging and start producing a small enough example, let me ask: Has there been any changes from 3.1 to 3.2 that could explain this behaviour?

Regards
/Mikael Olofsson
Universitetslektor (Associate Professor)
Linköpings universitet

E-Mail:  address@hidden
WWW:     http://www.commsys.isy.liu.se/en/staff/mikael
Phone:   +46 - (0)13 - 28 1343