Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [use of gr.vector_source_b]

From: Rita's pfc
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [use of gr.vector_source_b]
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 05:50:03 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Eric.
But now, I want to print, or just simply get into a vector or file the
result of coding. I use the subfunction, vector_sink_x.data() . The code I
have is:

                s='asdf'
                cadena = map(ord, s)
                src = gr.vector_source_b(cadena,False)
                tre = trellis.encoder_bb(f,0)
                sink_cod_vector = gr.vector_sink_b()
                sin = gr.file_sink(gr.sizeof_char,"fichero.log")
                self.connect(src, tre)
                self.connect(tre, sink_cod_vector)
                self.connect(tre, sin)
                print "...               ", sink_cod_vector.data()
                print "datas cod len     ", len(sink_cod_vector.data())

and the output was:

datas cod len      0

but it creates the file fichero.log whose size is 4 bytes, what is normal (4
chars to code)

My question is:
is there another way to get the encoded data ?