Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] looking for GSM900/GSM1800 recordings

From: Valerio, Danilo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] looking for GSM900/GSM1800 recordings
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:17:03 +0200

Hi Georg,

It's probably better to ask in the airprobe mailing list.
Also in their old website there are some dumps from England...

From my side, I have dumps from all the GSM Austrian operators on a per-channel (200KHz) basis (with 112 decimation factor).
Gsm-tvoid and gsmdecode do a good job in demodulating and decoding...
Anyway, looking forward to trying your tool... ;-)

BR,
Dan

Georg Hofstetter wrote:
hi,

i'm working on a GSM Analyzer hobby project (that is not written in
ruby, sorry for that :) )
and am looking for some recordings of GSM downlink channels in foreign
countries.

i already have recorded germany's D1 (900), D2 Vodafone (900) and O2
(1800).
(see http://g3gg0.de/ for videos etc)

would some of you be so kind and upload some 5 seconds of a GSM channel
in their countries, so i can test it with different providers?

the channels are usually from 935 to 960 MHz with a 200kHz channel
sacing. a sampling rate of somewhere around 2MHz (oversampling factor 8)
or above would be very nice.

more than 5 seconds would just cause a too big file, but if you dont
care about the size, it would make me even more happy :)
it would be really cool if some of you could do that :)

thanks,
Georg