Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem installing gnuradio on beagle

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem installing gnuradio on beagle
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:50:45 -0400

Woody Dickson wrote:
Hi,

I first do a bitbake base-image, and then I put the uImage and the bz to
beagleboard.

Then, I do bitbake gnuradio and then copy all the relevant .ipk files to the
beagleboard.

Try building console-image and set:

ANGSTROM_EXTRA_INSTALL = " oprofile screen gnuradio gnuradio-usrp gnuradio-examples ntp ntp-bin make python-shell python-numpy python-pickle python-compiler ython-lang python-pkgutil python-pydoc python-mmap python-netclient python-unittest python-difflib python-pprint"

in your local.conf file. (Yes, I should make sure the package dependencies are correct)

This will install gnuradio into the image.

The beagleboard is not connected to the network.  I just copied the file to
the SD cards directly.

I do see a bunch of  python-*.ipk files in the /tmp dir.  Should I be
copying those python-*.ipk to beaglebaord and then run "ipk install" for
each python ipk?

That should also work. Chances are they will have additional dependencies :)

Also, are you building from the stable or dev branch? The dev branch has a 3.2 recipe in it that is the best one to use now. (Once I see some stuff work, we'll move it to stable)

Philip

Thanks,
Woody