[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: looking for GSM900/GSM1800 recordings

From: Georg Hofstetter
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: looking for GSM900/GSM1800 recordings
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 22:10:09 +0200

Valerio, Danilo wrote:
> Hi Georg,
>
> It's probably better to ask in the airprobe mailing list.
> Also in their old website there are some dumps from England...

thanks for pointing me there. will try to find their page :)

>  From my side, I have dumps from all the GSM Austrian operators on a
> per-channel (200KHz) basis (with 112 decimation factor).

that means, you have a (complex) sampling rate of 571428,57..Hz right?
would you mind to upload some of them?

> Gsm-tvoid and gsmdecode do a good job in demodulating and decoding...

i implemented everything on my own. without looking deeper into any
other project.

> Anyway, looking forward to trying your tool... ;-)
well, if you can help me out with some dumps, i would send you the tool.
but its a windows app, using C#/.NET - still interested? ;)

hm but.. why are you all using such strange sampling rates? :)
i mean.. i've seen decimation factors of 64, 112, 118, 128..
is there a specific reason for using 112 or 118?

thanks