[Discuss-gnuradio] About Top_block

From: Chun-Ta Kung
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] About Top_block
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:51:07 +0800

Hello,
I am new to gnuradio, and I felt confused with "glue the blocks", such as hier_block2.
I have read gnu tutorial by Mr. Shen and I understood there were multiple attributes to describe a block, such as endpoint and edge.
But when I tried to analyze an example of code, there was no such block of code to elaborate on them. I cannot understand how python knows how to connect between two blocks.
Which signal plays as input or output to connect between them? And am I able to use only line-by-line code to replace partial usage of glue( top_block.connect(block1,block2)) ?

p.s I thought this should be  a preliminary question. There must be something seriously wrong with my concept. Please correct it if you don't mind spending some time typing.

Thank you all