Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TVRX question

From: Martin DvH
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TVRX question
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 18:20:14 +0200

On Sun, 2009-06-21 at 15:15 +0200, Sebastiaan Heunis wrote:
> Hi all
>
> For some reason I always thought that the TVRX daughterboards support
> IQ sampling.  Turns out I was wrong.
You are only partly wrong.
The TVRX is only sampled in I.
But the usrp firmware transforms this into IQ samples at the stage which
converts the signal from the IF to baseband.

The samples you get in the PC are IQ samples.
You don't have to modify your processing chain in your application.

You only have to take care of the I sampling at the place where you set
the ADC mux  (only sample the I part of the IF using only one ADC).

Greetings,
Martin