[Discuss-gnuradio] 802.11 Transmit with Barker spreading on USRP1?

From: Phillip Walsh
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] 802.11 Transmit with Barker spreading on USRP1?
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:54:45 -0500

Hi all,

I  am working on a project where I am trying to have the USRP1 transmit and
receive 802.11 management and control frames to/from commercial 802.11b
hardware.  I have the receive functionality working fine using BBN 802.11and
the SPAN receiver on GNU Radio 3.1.1.  I see there is a lot of work being done
updating BBN to work on GNU Radio 3.2 for the USRP2. My question is has anyone
been able to successfully transmit DBPSK DSSS (Barker chipping and all) using
the USRP1?

Due to the bandwidth limitations imposed by USB2.0, is the best plan of attack
to move the spreading down to the FPGA similar to what U. of U SPAN did with
the receiver?

Also, I have the current trunk of GNU Radio 3.2 on another boot of Ubuntu so I
am not stuck on working with the antiquated version if someone has BBN working
on it with the USRP1.

Regards,

Phil Walsh