Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 2 RX and 1 TX channel

From: Jason Uher
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 2 RX and 1 TX channel
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 07:43:02 -0500

I think that you have the de-interleaving and the mux set up correctly
provided you are using a complex source, but there may be other
problems with your set up that I'm not aware of with regards to those
problems.

I think one problem might be your use of a vector sink as a receiver,
usually the only use for the vector sink is when we are building
testbenches for custom blocks, I would try to save the data to a file
and analyze it using matlab or octave.

As for :
>>It was an already written code for songle RX channel and
>>my BER was around 1.5% and PLR was also around 1.5%. But with two RX
>>channels both these parameters are abouve 10%

I would suggest that your take your USRP code from your first message,
and rather than sending the de-interleaved data to your
filter/correlator/vector sink and testing the PLR that you connect
that directly to the code inside the benchmark_*x.py (I assume that's
what you mean by 'already written code for single RX channel').  You
can even just run the second channel to a NULL sink temporarily so you
can focus on getting the de-interleaving working properly.  This way
you have a solid base for comparison between the 1 channel and 2
channel cases (they should be the same, it's the same transmitted data
and same receive process).

Jason