Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ubuntu vs other linux

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ubuntu vs other linux
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 07:58:01 -0400

Greg Troxel wrote:
  I'm writing a report on gnu radio and I had a question... I believe
  most everyone uses Ubuntu compared to other Linux systems for GNU
  radios.... why is this? Is it simply because Ubuntu is easier/more
  user friendly or does it have to do with the way Ubuntu works?

You should also realize that GNU Radio runs on systems other than
GNU/Linux.  I haven't used GNU Radio much lately, but when I did we were
running on NetBSD, and I've seen activity for running on Mac OS X.

GNU Radio runs fine on Fedora also. There is no particular thing about Ubuntu that makes it better for running GNU Radio, except possible the ease of doing an install from pre-built packages.

Philip