Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FFT Plot and Benchmark

From: adib_sairi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FFT Plot and Benchmark
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 20:14:20 -0700 (PDT)

Ali Siddiqi wrote:

> Hi all,
> I looked at fftsink_gl.py. It couldnt be executed because of import error
> of
> fft_window. Also, if in case I manage
> to run it, still I am finding it difficult to incoporate it in
> benchmark_tx.py. Can someone elaborate a bit more on how to add FFT sink
> in
> benchmark_tx?
>
> Regards,
> Ali

i try to work on this also but i still cannot put fftsink_nongl.py and
benchmark_tx or benchmark_rx together.. the problem i face is benchmark_*
have its own flowgraph which use .start and .wait for it to run.. i.e
tb.start and tb.wait while fftsink_nongl use stdgui2.stdapp and Mainloop to
run.. i.e

    app = stdgui2.stdapp(app_top_block, "USRP FFT", nstatus=1)
    app.MainLoop()

when i run tb.start or tb.run and tb.wait, it seem that my fftsink_nongl
that i had connect with usrp_source in the first place is stopping..

so can any body help me on combining this two system together? how to run
this two flowgraph together? what i want to do is i want to sense the
spectrum using fftsink_nongl.py and looking for spectrum hole and access the
hole by using benchmark_tx and benchmark_rx..

thank you in advance

Adib