RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why not use matched filter in GMSK demodulator

From: Nick Foster
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why not use matched filter in GMSK demodulator
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:36:44 +0000

Achilleas,

I'm rooting through your test_cpm.py code, and I have a few questions on what's going on in there. Specifically:

What is the purpose of the two filters with coeffs MF[0,1]?

Why do you frequency-shift the modulated signal by -f0T to bring the "low" frequency to zero before feeding it to the filters?

What is the purpose of the streams_to_stream conversion?

Sorry in advance if these are trivial questions.

--n